Explore Maine’s southern coast on the Shoreline Explorer, now in its 14th season
The Shoreline Explorer began its 14th season of operation on Saturday, June 22. The trolley service, a public-private network of local trolleys and buses connecting coastal York County, makes exploring the coast of Maine a fun and memorable experience, and is available until Labor Day (September 2), except for the Sanford Orange Line Shuttle, which operates year-round.
It’s never been easier to get to the beach. The Shoreline Explorer can take you there, or to shopping sites along the southern coast. And the cost can’t be beat—$1 per ride (exact change is required), and free for riders under 12.
Over the past 13 seasons, the Shoreline has served as the favored mode of transportation to 832,450 riders. Whether taking a trip to the beach, or for shopping, or to one of the many eating establishments along the coast, the Shoreline has been a safe, reliable, and affordable transit service for 13—now 14—years. Locals and out-of-towners alike have made riding the Shoreline a traditional summertime experience. You can do that too!
We hope to reach our one-millionth rider—that’s 1,000,000—by the end of the 15th season, September 7, 2020. To that end, we’d like to encourage everyone to ride the Shoreline this summer. It’s a unique way to see the coast, and the kind of experience that the entire family can enjoy.
If you need more reasons to schedule a Shoreline day, try these . . .
Top 10 reasons to ride the Shoreline Explorer this summer
1. It’s fun.
2. Your kids (or grandkids) will think it’s cool.
3. It is cool to ride a trolley.
4. You’ll meet a lot of happy people.
5. You’ll smell the ocean from your seat.
6. And feel a warm breeze against your face.
7. No surfboards, but you can secure your bike up front.
8. Shorts, shirt, flip-flops . . .
9. You can let someone else do the driving for a change.
10. The beach! The sea! Hop off the trolley and jump right in!
Want to know more about the Shoreline Explorer? Click HERE.