Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at YCCAC!
Our talented and dedicated staff is crucial to helping us support our neighbors and build thriving communities. We currently have several opportunities to join our staff.
We offer full- and part-time, seasonal and full-year positions in locations throughout York County. We offer generous compensation packages and benefits for full-time employees.
If you love to work with people and want to help your neighbors find a path to good health, education, economic opportunity, and personal success, then join the YCCAC team!
Do you have a passion to make a difference? Do you want to have a positive effect on the young children of York County? Children’s Services has two NEW locations and partnerships opening and other positions throughout York County that could help you make an unforgettable impression! Please click on the position to find out more details specific to responsibilities, qualifications, hours and locations. We wish you well in your job search!
Head Start (works with children 3 – 5 years old)
Head Start/Pre-K (works with children 4 – 5 years old in a Public school setting)
Early Head Start (works with children 6 weeks – 3 years old)
Early Childhood Education Coordinator
35 hours/week; 39 weeks/year
The Early Childhood Education Coordinator functions as a team member under the direction of the Early Childhood Education Manager. The ECE Coordinator provides direct guidance, support, to classroom staff around challenging behaviors, classroom management and classroom structures. Ensures the agency’s full compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards. Initiates, nurtures and maintains linkages with community partners as a means to advance YCCAC’s mission in our client-centered environment. This person must be willing to travel and have own vehicle. Staff must show proof of a valid license and insurance annually.
Applicants must have an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field. ECE Coordinator must have at least five years classroom experience working with children Birth to Five. Must have advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities about current developmentally appropriate and best practices in early childhood education and supporting parents as their child’s primary nurturer and educator. Experience with Conscious Discipline is preferred Must have experience working with children with challenging behaviors. Must not have an active record on the System for Award Management (SAM) website. Resumes and applications will be accepted until July 20, 2018.
Nasson Health Care
Patient Services Representative
52 weeks/year; 40 hours/week
The Patient Services Representative works collaboratively with a team of health professionals to support provision of comprehensive primary care, utilizing the Patient-Centered Medical Home framework of care delivery. Performs a variety of administrative support duties related to patient registration, appointment scheduling, appointment check-in and check-out, the call center and patient accounts management. Responsible for managing all incoming communications when in call center. Carries out new patient registration, runs reports as needed and scans documents. Provides patients with clear explanations of health center services offered and eligibility.
A minimum of three years’ experience in a primary care medical practice is required. Oral and written communication skills at a level typically acquired through at least a high school education. Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and one Meaningful Use-certified electronic medical record system required. NextGen experience preferred. Capability to perform effectively under pressure, practice strong organizational skills and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks. Ability to be task oriented and patient focused; in possession of excellent phone and customer service skills. A completed resume, cover letter and application will be required. Completed resumes and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Nasson Health Care
Nasson Health Care is seeking a qualified clinical leader to work collaboratively with a team of health and administrative professionals to provide comprehensive primary care to patients while utilizing the Patient-Centered Medical Home model of care delivery. The Nurse Practitioner:
- Provides direct clinical services in accordance with the highest standards of medical and nursing practices and in full accordance with health center policies and protocols.
- Assures access for continuity of care through appropriate referrals for sub-specialty and inpatient services and prompt follow-up of patients discharged from inpatient settings.
- Engages population health strategies to identify and address health needs among various segments of the primary care patient panel and makes optimal use of the electronic medical record system.
- Collaborates with other members of the practice team to prepare for patients’ office visits and assure that all indicated services are planned and delivered.
- Actively engages in ongoing provider panel management activities; routinely scans patient records for gaps in care and takes steps to assure that appointments are scheduled and all indicated services are delivered.
- Fully embraces and carries out all applicable NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home standards and Federally Qualified Health Center requirements.
Applicants must have a Master’s degree in nursing, an unrestricted Maine license to practice as an adult, family or pediatric nurse practitioner, as well as a U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency license. Qualifications include:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a primary care medical practice required.
- A working knowledge of the core concepts of evidence-based practice, social and behavioral determinants of health, population-based care, integration of medical, behavioral health and dental care, and Meaningful Use of health information technology.
- Demonstrated respect for cultural diversity in serving patients and families and ability to apply critical thinking skills in performing patient assessment and care.
- Willingness to work some non-traditional hours and ability to travel between YCCAC/Nasson Health Care clinical sites.
Completed cover letter, resume, and YCCAC employment application will be accepted until position is filled.
SUMMER DRIVERS – Bus & Trolley
Join the Shoreline Explorer team for the 2018 season from June 23rd through Labor Day. A program of York County Community Action, we are a seasonal trolley and shuttle bus service running along the southern Maine coast from Kennebunk/Kennebunkport to York Beach.
Flexible hours—part-time or full-time, Competitive Wages
- A CDL “P” (air brake endorsements a plus)
- Clean driving record
- Good with children and special needs passengers
- Wheelchair handling experience helpful, but not required, will train
For more information please contact:
207-324-5762 ext. 2939
800-965-5762 ext. 2939
Completed resumes and applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
The York County Transportation Program seeks a qualified individual to transport persons to and from their destinations along demand response and Flex-routes, and assist passengers on and off the vehicle. Applicants must have a CDL with a “P” and air brake endorsement, clean driving record and good defensive driving skills, with a minimum of 3 years driving experience. Ability to drive a 20-24 passenger bus, operate a wheelchair lift and capable of lifting up to 50 pounds. Have the ability to communicate with clients with courtesy and respect. Must be able to comply with Federal Drug / Alcohol testing requirements and all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations according to the US Dept. of Transportation. Resumes and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Van Driver is responsible for transporting passengers from their homes or scheduled pick-up points to their destinations safely. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years driving experience. Must be at least 21 years old. Must have good defensive driving skills and a clean driving record. Capable of maintaining an accurate daily record of all passengers and vehicle statistics. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and assist wheelchair clients in boarding and disembarking vehicles. Must conform to Federal drug/alcohol testing requirements and all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations according to the US Dept. of Transportation. Completed resumes and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Volunteer Drivers Wanted
Have extra time on your hands? Want to do something meaningful with it while earning extra money? Become a Volunteer Driver! York County Community Action is looking for interested persons to volunteer their time and vehicle to drive York County residents, including children and elderly individuals to necessary appointments. If you are dependable, have a reliable vehicle and a strong desire to give of yourself, this could be the job for you!
Benefits: Flexible schedules, Tax Free mileage reimbursement, community involvement
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Maine driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Proof of vehicle registration and insurance
- In depth background checks as required by contract
Interested individuals should contact Deb Paradis, Transportation Assistant Director at 459-2931.
40 hours/week; 52 weeks/year
- Conduct energy audits on properties in line with YCCAC’s program requirements
- Blower door, CAZ testing, and Health & Safety Evaluations
- Provide in-depth data collection
- Interface with appropriate databases and contracted weatherization companies
- Oversee contracted installation of energy saving devices and materials
- Provide customer with energy savings education
- Ensure that high quality customer satisfaction is delivered
- High School diploma required. Associate degree or equivalent technical experience
- Exceptional individuals with BPI certification will be considered
- 1+ years of weatherization experience preferred
- Exercises good judgment and maintains safety at all times
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and physical
- Must not have an active record on the System for Award Management (SAM) website
- Great work environment and benefits
- Paid holidays
- No evenings or weekends
Completed resumes and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Serious inquiries only please.
Energy Services Specialist
Seasonal, 40 hours/week
The Energy Services Specialist completes intake, ensures accuracy and determines eligibility for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Must be able to understand and clearly explain program requirements to applicants. Must have excellent math skills, customer service skills and enjoy serving others.
Applicants must have a general knowledge of routine office procedures and equipment including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, team environment. Completed resumes and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only serious applicants/inquires please.
The WIC Nutrition Counselor screens and enrolls eligible clients in the WIC program and provides them with referrals and basic nutrition information. Responsible for performing applicant certification to determine eligibility as well as dietary assessments to provide applicable nutrition education.
Applicants must have at a minimum a two year degree in nutrition education or health related field. Good verbal communication skills and ability to conduct educational sessions in individual and group settings. Must have the flexibility and own transportation in order to access scheduled clinic sites throughout York County at varying hours, when necessary. Completed resumes and applications will be accepted until July 27, 2018.