Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at YCCAC!
Our talented and dedicated staff is crucial to helping us support our neighbors and build thriving communities. We currently have several opportunities to join our staff.
We offer full- and part-time, seasonal and full-year positions in locations throughout York County. We offer generous compensation packages and benefits for full-time employees.
If you love to work with people and want to help your neighbors find a path to good health, education, economic opportunity, and personal success, then join the YCCAC team!
Do you have a passion to make a difference? Do you want to have a positive effect on the young children of York County? Children’s Services has two NEW locations and partnerships opening and other positions throughout York County that could help you make an unforgettable impression! Please click on the position to find out more details specific to responsibilities, qualifications, hours and locations. We wish you well in your job search!
Head Start (works with children 3 – 5 years old)
Head Start/Pre-K (works with children 4 – 5 years old in a Public school setting)
Early Head Start (works with children 6 weeks – 3 years old)
Nasson Health Care
Nasson Health Care is seeking a qualified clinical leader to work collaboratively with a team of health and administrative professionals to provide comprehensive primary care to patients while utilizing the Patient-Centered Medical Home model of care delivery. The Nurse Practitioner:
- Provides direct clinical services in accordance with the highest standards of medical and nursing practices and in full accordance with health center policies and protocols.
- Assures access for continuity of care through appropriate referrals for sub-specialty and inpatient services and prompt follow-up of patients discharged from inpatient settings.
- Engages population health strategies to identify and address health needs among various segments of the primary care patient panel and makes optimal use of the electronic medical record system.
- Collaborates with other members of the practice team to prepare for patients’ office visits and assure that all indicated services are planned and delivered.
- Actively engages in ongoing provider panel management activities; routinely scans patient records for gaps in care and takes steps to assure that appointments are scheduled and all indicated services are delivered.
- Fully embraces and carries out all applicable NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home standards and Federally Qualified Health Center requirements.
Applicants must have a Master’s degree in nursing, an unrestricted Maine license to practice as an adult, family or pediatric nurse practitioner, as well as a U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency license. Qualifications include:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a primary care medical practice required.
- A working knowledge of the core concepts of evidence-based practice, social and behavioral determinants of health, population-based care, integration of medical, behavioral health and dental care, and Meaningful Use of health information technology.
- Demonstrated respect for cultural diversity in serving patients and families and ability to apply critical thinking skills in performing patient assessment and care.
- Willingness to work some non-traditional hours and ability to travel between YCCAC/Nasson Health Care clinical sites.
Completed cover letter, resume, and YCCAC employment application will be accepted until position is filled. When choosing to apply online please be sure to send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The York County Transportation Program seeks a qualified individual to transport persons to and from their destinations along demand response and Flex-routes, and assist passengers on and off the vehicle. Applicants must have a CDL with a “P” and air brake endorsement, clean driving record and good defensive driving skills, with a minimum of 3 years driving experience. Ability to drive a 20-24 passenger bus, operate a wheelchair lift and capable of lifting up to 50 pounds. Have the ability to communicate with clients with courtesy and respect. Must be able to comply with Federal Drug / Alcohol testing requirements and all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations according to the US Dept. of Transportation. Resumes and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Volunteer Drivers Wanted
Have extra time on your hands? Want to do something meaningful with it while earning extra money? Become a Volunteer Driver! York County Community Action is looking for interested persons to volunteer their time and vehicle to drive York County residents, including children and elderly individuals to necessary appointments. If you are dependable, have a reliable vehicle and a strong desire to give of yourself, this could be the job for you!
Benefits: Flexible schedules, Tax Free mileage reimbursement, community involvement
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Maine driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Proof of vehicle registration and insurance
- In depth background checks as required by contract
Interested individuals should contact Deb Paradis, Transportation Assistant Director at 459-2931.
40 hours/week; 52 weeks/year
- Conduct energy audits on properties in line with YCCAC’s program requirements
- Blower door, CAZ testing, and Health & Safety Evaluations
- Provide in-depth data collection
- Interface with appropriate databases and contracted weatherization companies
- Oversee contracted installation of energy saving devices and materials
- Provide customer with energy savings education
- Ensure that high quality customer satisfaction is delivered
- High School diploma required. Associate degree or equivalent technical experience
- Exceptional individuals with BPI certification will be considered
- 1+ years of weatherization experience preferred
- Exercises good judgment and maintains safety at all times
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and physical
- Must not have an active record on the System for Award Management (SAM) website
- Great work environment and benefits
- Paid holidays
- No evenings or weekends
Completed resumes and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Serious inquiries only please.
Head Start Center Manager
Location: York County
48 weeks/year; 35 hours/week
The purpose of the Head Start Center Manager position is to provide vision and leadership to the assigned site staff by creating a positive, welcoming, safe environment where Head Start and Early Head Start children and families can thrive.
The ideal candidate:
• Is someone who has a passion to make a difference and wants to have a positive impact on the lives of young children and families of York County.
• Provides leadership, supervision and guidance in ensuring full implementation of Head Start Performance Standards, licensing regulations and program/agencies policies and procedures.
• The Head Start Center Manager is an integral part of the Management Team which includes participating in monitoring, reporting, program’s self-assessment, planning and decision making.
• Oversees and conducts management of assigned building/classroom and related budgets for team meetings, activities and materials.
• Coordinates and attends case management, team and building meetings and activities.
• The Head Start Center Manager initiates, nurtures and maintains linkages with community partners as a means to advance YCCAC’s mission in our client-centered environment.
Educational Requirements& Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
• Must possess and be able to demonstrate effective management and leadership skills and be willing to participate in job related training.
• Must have at least five years related experience as a supervisor or manager.
Why YCCAC Children Services:
• We offer a competitive salary; excellent orientation, training and supervision; and a comprehensive benefits package to any employ that works 30 hours or more per week that includes health insurance, dental insurance, retirement benefits and match, life insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays and paid time off.
Resumes and applications will be accepted until August 21, 2018