YCCAC provides free tax preparation through the CA$H program. You qualify for this free service if your adjusted gross income is below $52,000. IRS-certified volunteers will help prepare basic Federal and State tax. Our Tax Preparation Volunteers will also help determine if you are eligible for special tax credits such as Earned-Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
Last year, nearly $1 million in state and federal refunds were received by York County CA$H tax prep participants.
How to receive free tax preparation
You will need to confirm income eligibility and make an appointment to have your taxes prepared through York County CA$H.
Please bring the following information with you to your tax preparation appointment:
- Proof of identification—picture ID
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and your dependents OR Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration OR Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- Wage and earning statement(s), such as Forms W2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers, such as a blank check, if you would like direct deposit for refunds
- Total paid for daycare and your daycare provider’s tax identifying number (EIN)