Early Head Start - (For Prenatal to Age 3)
Early Head Start (EHS) is a federally funded community-based program for low-income families with infants and toddlers, as well as pregnant women. The program provides prenatal education, to promote healthy prenatal outcomes for pregnant women and educational services that enhance the development of infants & toddlers.
York County Early Head Start program has two Early Head Start classrooms located in Biddeford and in Sanford.
Early Head Start home-visitors serve Biddeford, Old Orchard Beach, Saco, Buxton, and surrounding areas. Total enrolment is 38 infants, toddlers and pregnant women.
You can apply for Early Head Start if you live in or near one if these towns, and are pregnant or have a child under age 3.
What Can Parents Expect?
- Health and Nutrition Education/Services
- Information about how your child grows and learns
- Services for children with disabilities
- Opportunities for mothers, fathers and caregivers to connect and share information
- Opportunities to be involved in program decisions (Policy Council)
What do other parents say about Early Head Start?
“I love that Sierra’s learning so much at such an early age. The best part is the interaction with other children.”
“You get all the info you’ll ever need. The socialization (Discovery Day) is very important.”
“I like that my daughter gets to play and learn with other children.”