Heating Emergency Programs
Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP)
- Provides emergency financial assistance for home heating or for utility disconnects if the household’s heating system requires electricity to function.
- Consumers must:
- have a pre-approved current LIHEAP application
- have less than 1/8 tank of fuel with no available back-up source of heat
- have exhausted all payment opportunities with electric company
Low Income Assistance Program (LIAP)
- Provides financial assistance for apartment/home electric bills.
- Eligibility determined by annual income and cost/usage for Central Maine Power customers. All Kennebunk Power and Light customers are eligible.
- Sign up at LIHEAP application appointment.
- If eligible, credit is reflected on monthly bill.
- Residents of subsidized housing ARE NOT eligible.
For more information, please Contact Energy Services by calling (207) 324-5762 Option 8, or (toll free in York County) 1-800 965-5762 Option 8.