National Drug Take Back Day is Saturday, October 27, 10 AM – 2 PM.
October 25, 2018
The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day addresses a crucial public safety and public health issue. According to the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 6.2 million Americans misused controlled prescription drugs. The study shows that a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from the home medicine cabinet.
The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications.
National Take Back Collection Sites will operate from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. this Saturday, October 27th. Listings of some local sites are below.
- Berwick Police Dept., Berwick Police Dept., 20 Wilson St., Berwick ME 03901
- Biddeford Police Dept., Biddeford Public Works, 371 Hill St., Biddeford ME 04005
- Buxton Police Dept., Buxton Police Dept., 185 Portland Rd., Buxton ME 04093
- Buxton Police Dept., Rite Aid Pharmacy Collection by Buxton PD., 226 Parker Farm Rd., Buxton ME 04093
- Eliot Police Dept., Eliot Police Dept., 27 Dixon Rd., Eliot ME 03903
- Kennebunk Police Dept., Hannaford Supermarket, operated by Kennebunk Police Dept., 65 Portland Rd., Kennebunk ME 04043
- Kennebunk Police Dept., Kennebunk Police Dept. Lobby, 4 Summer St., Kennebunk ME 04043
- Kennebunkport Police Dept., Kennebunkport Police Dept., 101 Main St., Kennebunkport ME 04046
- Kittery Police Dept., Kittery Police Dept., 200 Rogers Rd., Kittery ME 03904
- N. Berwick Police Dept., 21 Main St., N. Berwick, ME 03906
- Ogunquit Police Dept., Ogunquit Police Dept., 20 Cottage St., Ogunquit ME 03907
- Old Orchard Beach Police Dept., OOB Police Dept. Main Entrance, 16 E Emerson Cummings Blvd., OOB ME 04064
- Saco Police Dept., Saco Community Center, operated by Saco PD., 75 Franklin St., Saco ME 04072
- Saco Police Dept., Saco Police Dept. Medication Collection Box, 20 Storer St., Saco ME 04072
- Sanford Police Dept., 935 Main St., Sanford ME 04073
- South Berwick Police Dept., Community Center, operated by South Berwick Police Dept., 71 Norton St., South Berwick ME 0390
- Wells Police Dept., York Hospital at Wells Urgent Care, operated by Wells Police Dept., 114 Sanford Rd., Wells ME 04090
- York Police Dept., Sentry Hill Assisted Living, operated by York Police Dept., 2 Victoria Ct. York ME 03909\
- York Police Dept., Hannaford Supermarket, operated by York Police Dept., 9 Hannaford Dr., York ME 03909
- York County Sheriff’s Office, 481 Goodwin Mills Rd., Lyman ME 04002
- York County Sheriff’s Office, Hannaford Supermarket, operated by York County Sheriff’s office, 20 Sokokis Trail, Waterboro ME 04087